Thursday, September 9, 2010

Here goes nothing

This is my first attempt at creating my own blog site after much encouragement from my soon to be sister in law Christen...I hope this works! 
The Brandon and Jenny Story from the beginning:
Brandon and I met while attending Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine during our clinical year.  A dear friend, Erin Brown secretly put a bug in my ear about Brandon's interest in becoming more than just friends at school.  It was told to me that Brandon was a good southern boy raised by a nice southern family and that I should definitely date him.  It was a slow start at first, but after a few group meetings at our favorite Auburn sites, sweet dancing at Sky bar, alpha psi house parties, auburn football tailgating, and a trip to Lake Martin....I was convinced, Brandon was "the one."  He was in fact everything Erin had mentioned and so much more.  So Brandon and I dated through the remainder of our time at vet school enjoying every bit of having an interest in learning together.  In January, my time in Auburn had been up and it was time for me to return home to Erie, PA.  Way up north of the mason dixon line to a good old southern boy.  It wasn't long thereafter that Brandon was traveling 16 hours, U-haul trailer packed, Duke by his side to start his life in Erie....(big smile).  We immediately moved into a new condo in March, Brandon started his internship at a local veterinary practice, while I started working as an associate veterinary at my dream hospital Animal Ark/Kingdom.  Life after vet school was just starting to mold itself into place.  Then the biggest, little surprise of our lives surfaced....a baby was on the way!  And so the reason to start this blog site...a place to document all the blessings we encounter on this journey through our pregnancy.  We are so excited to welcome our son, William Smith Grimshawe this December and hope you enjoy following along with us! 

1 comment: