Monday, September 20, 2010

The Story of Us: Told by Brandon

It started with a simple, but sincere comment made to a dear friend Erin...I'm going to marry that girl. I guess it was a little far fetched at the moment seeing as how I'd never even met her. There was something about her smile. Yeah, it was definitely her smile. It almost didn't happen due to her stubbornness and denying my initial attempts at asking her on a date. After several failed attempts it finally happened and that was the beginning. I don't think we could have spent more time together in the first couple of months. That is of course until January came around and it was time for her to graduate. We tried not to become too concerned about it at first, but we soon found that being apart wasn't going to be an option. After demanding that we would just move to south Alabama and live on a beach I packed my bags and landed in Erie, Pa. Of course it was going to be just an internship at first, but then there was a job offer. And along with that was the thought of having to leave the woman I love again. That just wasn't an option. That is how I ended up living next to a fresh water beach...up north. On the bright side, It is a large body of water, and I guess the shore is lined with sandy dunes. So I traded one beach for another type for the woman I love. Well now I'm in Erie, Pa hundreds of miles away from Alabama and we get the biggest little surprise of our young lives. It's a boy!! My first born child is going to be a boy. A man can't ask for more than that, right. I suppose my first reaction should have been one of shock and concern, but to tell you the truth I couldn't help but to be excited deep down. Excited to have a little buddy following me around the house. Someone to play ball with and watch the Auburn tigers play football. Well that was my first reaction. Then the feelings of...holy crap I'm having a baby set in. I think Jenny and i have gone through every emotion possible and have come full circle to pure happiness. We really couldn't ask for more out of life. We have each found the person we were meant to spend the rest of our lives with. We have a beautiful home, wonderful pets, great careers, and a beautiful baby boy on the way. We couldn't be happier!

1 comment:

  1. Thats the sweetest thing I have ever read!! I love all THREE of yall! :)

    ReplyDelete